Today during our prayer meeting, the Sister conducting shared this story written in President Wilford Woodruff's journal. What an incredible and beautiful experience!
—“… two weeks before I left St. George, the spirits of the dead gathered around me, wanting to know why we did not redeem them. Said they, ‘… we laid the foundation of the government you now enjoy, and we never apostatized from it; but we remained true to it and were faithful to God.’ These were the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and they waited on me for two days and two nights. … I straightway went into the baptismal font and called upon Brother McAllister to baptize me for the signers of the Declaration of Independence and fifty other eminent men, making one hundred in all. …”
She also mentioned a recent talk by our Prophet, President Russell M. Nelson given on Joseph Smith.
"The Restoration began with the First Vision. There were at least nine other occasions that Joseph saw the Father or the Son. In addition to “these transcendent experiences with the Father and the Son,” Joseph was visited by, or saw in vision, dozens of ancient prophets and angels, said President Nelson.
“Through these remarkable experiences, Joseph came to understand that worldly knowledge pales when compared to heavenly knowledge.”
I am so grateful for the testimony I have of the Prophet Joseph Smith, of his experiences with our Heavenly Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost has born witness to my mind and my heart that these things did happen and are real. Just like Joseph who could never deny what he saw and experienced, I too have had enough confirmation in my life that I can never deny my testimony of that these things are true.
One memory I did want to share from today while serving in the baptistry, was that of a girl probably no older than 13 who came up to me as she was leaving and commented on a moth that had been flying around the ceiling that I had also noticed. I responded to her that I wasn't quite tall enough to reach it. And then said "I am sure that moth will have one relaxing afternoon here in the temple." The girl laughed and then said to me, every time I looked over at you, you were always smiling. I told her "It's the Temple, Isn't it such a wonderful place?" She asked me how often I get to come here. I replied every Saturday. She said "That is so cool." Then she told me that she loved my eye makeup and left with her large group to go home. It is such a good reminder to me that many are always watching, even when we don't realize it. I am so grateful for her kindness and her bringing the Spirit to the Temple with her today that I felt through her countenance.

No comments:
Post a Comment