Sunday, May 2, 2021

The week before my interview in the temple...

Once I found out I was going to be meeting with a member of the temple presidency on May 5th, Satan decided that was his cue to jump into my mind and try to discourage me in any way that he could. He quickly brought to the forefront of my mind all of my imperfections and shortcomings and decided to put those on repeat for the days leading up to my interview. Daily making me question my worthiness to go. During this time, I came across several things that really touched my heart and helped me to know that I was worthy and that I was going to be ok. And then we sang in church that Sunday, Be Still, My Soul. When we sang the "The Lord is on thy side" the Holy Ghost spoke peace to my mind and my heart that everything was going to be ok, and that I was worthy to go into Lord's house to serve there. 


      1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
      With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
      Leave to thy God to order and provide;
      In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.
      Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
      Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

      2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
      To guide the future as he has the past.
      Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
      All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
      Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
      His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

      3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast’ning on
      When we shall be forever with the Lord,
      When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
      Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
      Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
      All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

      Additionally I had come a cross a scripture in come  follow me that morning that was in the opening section. It almost seemed out of place after reading the whole lesson that was actually more focused on the second coming. These scriptures were truly an answer to prayers I had been having all week. 



      1. D&C 45:3-5


      2. These scriptures reminded me of the simplicity of the gospel. At that moment I needed that reminder that our Savior is our advocate with the Father. That he loves us, and if we sincerely believe on his name we can have everlasting life.
      3.  The Holy Ghost brought peace to my mind and my heart in that sacrament meeting and I ended up bearing my testimony of these experiences that day to our ward.

      4. Here some of the memes I came across during this time that also helped to uplift me and overcome Satan's tricks.










No comments:

Post a Comment