I drove to the Bountiful Temple with so much excitement. It had been over a year since I had been inside a temple, let alone my favorite temple. This temple is my favorite because I have spent more time here than any other temple. I have so many memories of special spiritual experiences and it really just feels like home. I pulled into the upper level parking lot to find it mostly empty. It was nice to get a spot closer to the door but so sad at the same time, when precovid this place would have been packed.
As I walked to the front doors I see a couple in their wedding dress and suit taking pictures. The bride was so beautiful and I was so excited for them to get to start on their journey by being sealed in the temple. I thought back to how young Henry and I were when we made those first steps almost 13 year ago.
I went through the front doors and was probably grinning from ear to ear, I was so excited to set foot in a temple again.
I pulled out my recommend and the Brother at the desk scanned it. "Sister, your recommend is expired".
Oh no! You have got to be kidding me! In my rush and excitement of going to the temple after over a year, I had forgotten to swap out my expired recommend with my renewed one, that had been renewed in the summer of last year. Day one, I have already failed.... and my interview is supposed be in the next ten minutes!
Luckily the Brother was able to track down the clerk quickly to look up my name in the system to see that I had in fact renewed my recommend.
Within five minutes the clerk returned and escorted me back to the administration offices. I sat on a couch waiting for my interview. I tried to read an ensign but was just too distracted. I sat and closed my eyes. It felt so peaceful to just sit there. I still couldn't believe I was sitting in the temple. It just felt like I had come home after a long journey.
When it was my turn to meeting with a member of the temple presidency he went over some of the logistics of serving in the temple and told me he would be the new temple president come November. He told me that my bishop spoke highly of me in recommending me, which caught me off guard. I mean I didn’t expect my Bishop to say negative things, it was more or less just a reminder that we leave an impact on people we don’t even realize most of the time. After deciding on a shift, Saturday from 2:30-6:30, starting with Phase 3. Phase 3 would be when patrons could come and do proxy work for all ordinances by appointment only. He then told me he would set me apart as a temple worker in the Bountiful Temple. I didn't realize it would be happening so fast. I wish I could remember the beautiful things he said in that blessing. But I do remember the tears streaming down my face as I felt so much love from Heavenly Father and my Savior that I was meant to do this and that they were proud of me for accepting this calling.
At this point I didn't have a start date but felt additional strength that day as I walked out of the temple. I am sure I walked out with more angels than I walked in with. I truly felt different after being set apart. I thought to myself, I wonder if this is what it feels like to be set apart as a missionary, since I have never had that opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment