I'm not sure how I keep getting so behind. Time is flying by on this Sabbatical. Before we left for Florida I picked up a shift to sub for someone on Friday the 20th since others were picking up my shifts for two Saturdays when we would be in Florida. It was my first time subbing. I went early and studied materials and then worked on the main floor. I was super busy the whole time but enjoyed it immensely and even got extra study time during my shift. I had to pack that night and wasn't sure how I would have the energy to get everything done for this trip, but it all worked out.
Then on Thursday, Sep 2nd, my friend Jan had invited me to do temple service with her at 10:30am but there ended up only being an appointment for her at that time, so I ended up taking an open appt at 11:30am, which worked out because I was able to spend time studying prior, that I needed.
And then last Saturday I worked my normal shift after attending my nephew Chase's football game in Holladay. On this shift I got to do new things I hadn't done before and didn't realize I would love it as much as I did. There is alot to memorize and because I have spent so much time studying am finally getting a majority to memory which makes all the difference in the world. As I am able to convert precious words to memory I am able to not be distracted and allow the Spirit to be more present because I am not focused on reading words from a paper. In our prayer meeting the Sister wrote on the board Temple Wor twice and told us to finish it. First it was finished with Temple Worship and then second was written Temple Work. It was a great reminder that it is more important for us to bring the Spirit of Worship for those attending first before we focus on the the work or tasks of our positions. I always feel such a sweet spirit in our prayer meetings. I am so grateful for them that help me to forget the world and focus on what matters.
That is another change I have noticed in myself after working in the temple these past months. My mind gets easily distracted and alot of times in the past it was work to constantly refocus my mind to what was happening at that moment when my mind would wander. I have noticed a huge change in the constant need to refocus my mind. My mind stays so much more focused these days and the world and my life is staying out more and more when I am in the temple. Refocusing can be exhausting, so I am grateful that the Lord is helping me overcome this weakness.
No comments:
Post a Comment