Last summer there was a chance I was going to be speaking at a youth fireside and I had prepared these notes. So I wanted to save them somewhere in case I would have use for them in the future.
As I was trying to come up with a topic to share with you
this evening. My mind was directed to share with you my two favorite stories
from the New Testament that took place three days after our Savior Jesus Christ
was crucified. The first is found in Luke 24 if you want to follow along. I am
going to be reading the first 33 verses. Now I want you to try and picture in
your minds these events.
Luke 24 1-33
32 And they said one to another, Did not our aheart bburn within us, while he ctalked with us by the way, and while he opened to
us the scriptures?
What does this
scripture mean to you?
As a member of the
Godhead one of the roles of the Holy Ghost is to confirm truth to our minds and
our hearts.
The footnote reference
to the word heart in this scripture is
8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.
In a talk by Pres Eyring titled “His Spirit to be with you” he comments on these events.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/inspiration/what-does-the-holy-ghost-feel-like?lang=eng
bookmark
note
We are often like the disciples. We let the worries of the day keep us from recognizing that the Savior is walking alongside us. We are quick to treat our trials as curses, instead of trusting that with God's perspective our curses may actually be blessings. May we be more willing to wait upon the Lord, and may we see things as they really are as we walk our own roads to Emmaus.
My second favorite event that is shared in the New Testament is found in John.
John 20: 19-31
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast aseen me, thou hast believed: bblessed are they that have not seen, and yet have cbelieved.
31 But these are awritten, that ye might bbelieve that Jesus is the cChrist, the Son of God; and that believing ye might
have dlife through his ename.
No comments:
Post a Comment