Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Day at the Temple


 Hen and I spent the most wonderful day in the Temple today. We started by performing baptisms for roughly 20 individuals by proxy with the first one being Henry's Grandfather whose work we have been waiting almost two years to do. The Spirit was so strong in the room I could not hold the tears back as they streamed down my already wet checks as Henry baptized me for family members of his and mine. Next we had to the opportunity to each do an Endowment session for one family member each, and then finished the day performing beautiful Sealing ordinances. 

As I walked into the sealing room and sat down. I had this overwhelming feeling that the room was incredibly full. Even though there were only 7 of us living people present to perform the ordinances, I could feel the presence of a crammed room of Spirits. Likely some were awaiting their turn, and others there to celebrate with them.

As Henry and I knelt across the alter to have his Grandparents sealed to each other for time and all eternity, the tears were once again abundant as I thought about how they were unable to attend our wedding, but now we were able to attend theirs. We could feel of their love for each other and for us and we were so grateful for the privilege to get to do this Sacred work on their behalf.

After arriving home, Hen and I took big naps after a long day at the Temple. We enjoyed spending the rest of the evening playing games and watching Hen's favorite movie White Christmas together.

Definitely a day neither of us will soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment