Saturday, October 18, 2025

3rd Floor Coordinator aka The Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland

 


For the past year, I have been serving in the temple each Saturday as the Third Floor Lead/Coordinator. 

While I love serving in the temple, this has truly not been an easy assignment for me. As the responsibility includes extreme time management as I made sure we had the right sisters in the right places for each of our four hour shift in the Celestial Room, Chapel, Endowment Rooms, Marriage Waiting Rooms, and other positions on the 3rd floor. It was also my responsibility to give the Chapel announcement before each endowment session and help latecomers make it into the sessions. Also add to that all of the help with language needs, headsets, setting up special languages in the endowment rooms, and training my other temple sisters each week. That is all in addition to serving and helping the patrons. I would always joke that position was like being the rabbit from Alice in wonderland, always making sure I knew what time it was and constantly running around.


So you could say this task has been an overwhelming one for me. But even in the stress and all the overwhelmingness, I have felt the Saviors help all along the way. Time and time again I have seen His Hand in His House. 

Perfect example. Today, the last time I served in this calling there were two sisters and two brothers getting their own endowments out in the 4pm session. Before we closed the doors we discovered one sister was still waiting for her husband and a grandmother was missing. The temple presidency is very adamant that the House of the Lord is a house of order so they don't typically hold the door and insist that sessions start on time. Which I understand and in this scenario, the room was filled with 90 plus patrons. so starting late would create problems later. But the presidency decided to hold the door for the grandmother that needed alot of extra time getting to the endowment room. The grandmother didn't end up getting to the room by wheelchair until 10 minutes after because she had arrived at the temple with an expired temple recommend so it had taken longer for her to get checked in. But because she was late ten minutes, the husband that sister was waiting on, was able to join her at the last second. He was literally walking down the hall with me in toe of the grandmother. 

So even though the session had to start 10 minutes late, which likely made all other sessions late after that, I believe it was meant to be so that both that grandmother and husband could make it into the session. 

The husband was late because he rented clothes but I guess kept estimating wrong sizes so he had been back and forth to clothing multiple times which made him delayed.

Life is so like this, things do not always work out in the time we expect they will, but in God's time all things will "work for our good". 




No comments:

Post a Comment