๐ I also have a very special testimony of paying tithing. Everyone knows as an accountant my life is numbers. And I can’t tell you how many times over the years the numbers haven’t looked great but after paying our tithing first, the Lord made up the difference in one way or another. So grateful for the commandment of tithing to give us an opportunity to see the Lords hand in our lives!
From Hearts Uplifted-Facebook group
December 17, 2025 at 6:38 AM
The university in which I studied had a regulation that prohibited the students that were in debt from taking tests. For this reason, when I received my salary I would first separate the money for tithing and offerings, and the remainder was allotted for the payment of the school and other expenses.๐ฅน
I remember a time when I … faced serious financial difficulties. It was a Thursday when I received my salary. When I figured the monthly budget, I noticed that there wouldn’t be enough to pay [both] my tithing and my university. I would have to choose between them. The bimonthly tests would start the following week, and if I didn’t take them I could lose the school year. I felt great agony. … My heart ached. I had a painful decision before me, and I didn’t know what to decide. I pondered between the two choices: to pay tithing or to risk the possibility of not obtaining the necessary credits to be approved in school.
This feeling consumed my soul and remained with me up to Saturday. It was then that I remembered that when I was baptized I had agreed to live the law of tithing. I had taken upon myself an obligation, not with the missionaries, but with my Heavenly Father. At that moment, the anguish started to disappear, giving place to a pleasant sensation of tranquility and determination. …
That night when I prayed, I asked the Lord to forgive me for my indecision. On Sunday, before the beginning of sacrament meeting, I contacted the bishop, and with great pleasure I paid my tithing and offerings. That was a special day. I felt happy and peaceful within myself and with Heavenly Father.
The next day I was in my office; I tried to find a way to be able to take the tests that would begin on Wednesday. The more I thought, the further I felt from a solution. At that time I worked in an attorney’s office, and my employer was the most strict and austere person I had ever met.
The working period was ending when my employer approached and gave the last orders of the day. When he had done so, with his briefcase in his hand he bid farewell. … Suddenly he halted, and looking at me he asked, ‘๐๐ฐ๐ธ ๐ช๐ด ๐บ๐ฐ๐ถ๐ณ ๐ค๐ฐ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ?’
I was surprised, and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The only thing I could answer with a trembling voice was, ‘๐๐ฃ๐ฆ๐๐บ๐ก๐ฉ๐๐ฏ๐ ๐๐ด ๐ข๐๐ญ ๐ณ๐๐จโ๐ต!’
He looked thoughtfully at me and bid farewell again. …
Suddenly the secretary entered the room, saying that I was a very fortunate person! When I asked her why, she simply answered: ‘๐๐ฉ๐ ๐๐ฎ๐๐ญ๐๐บ๐๐ณ ๐ฉ๐๐ด ๐ซ๐ข๐ด๐ก ๐ ๐ข๐๐ฅ ๐ตโ๐ข๐ก ๐๐ณ๐๐ฎ ๐ต๐๐ฅ๐๐บ ๐ฐ๐ ๐ก๐ฉ๐ ๐๐ฐ๐๐ฑ๐๐ฏ๐ฆ ๐๐ด ๐จ๐๐ช๐๐จ ๐ต๐ ๐๐ข๐ฆ ๐๐ถ๐๐ญ๐ฆ ๐๐ฐ๐ ๐ฆ๐ฐ๐ข๐ณ ๐ค๐๐ญ๐๐ฆ๐๐ฆ ๐ข๐๐ฅ ๐บ๐๐ถ๐ ๐๐ฐ๐๐ฌ๐ . ๐๐๐ง๐๐ณ๐ ๐ฆ๐ฐ๐ข ๐๐ฆ๐๐ท๐, ๐ด๐ก๐ฐ๐ ๐๐ต ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐๐ฆ๐ ๐ฌ ๐ข๐๐ฅ ๐ช๐๐ง๐๐ณ๐ ๐๐ฆ ๐ฐ๐ ๐ก๐ฉ๐ ๐๐ฐ๐ ๐ต๐ ๐ ๐ฐ ๐ตโ๐ข๐ก ๐ก๐ฐ๐๐ฐ๐๐ณ๐๐ธ ๐ ๐ค๐๐ฏ ๐จ๐๐ท๐ ๐ฆ๐ฐ๐ข ๐ก๐ฉ๐ ๐๐ฉ๐๐ค๐.’
After she left, crying and feeling very humble, I knelt exactly where I was and thanked the Lord for His generosity. I … said to Heavenly Father that He didn’t have to bless me so much. I only needed the cost of one month’s installment, and the tithing I had paid on Sunday was very small compared to the amount I was receiving!
During that prayer the words recorded in Malachi came to my mind: ‘๐ฃ๐ฟ๐ผ๐๐ฒ ๐บ๐ฒ ๐ป๐ผ๐ ๐ต๐ฒ๐ฟ๐ฒ๐๐ถ๐๐ต, ๐๐ฎ๐ถ๐๐ต ๐๐ต๐ฒ ๐๐ผ๐ฟ๐ฑ ๐ผ๐ณ ๐ต๐ผ๐๐๐, ๐ถ๐ณ ๐ ๐๐ถ๐น๐น ๐ป๐ผ๐ ๐ผ๐ฝ๐ฒ๐ป ๐๐ผ๐ ๐๐ต๐ฒ ๐๐ถ๐ป๐ฑ๐ผ๐๐ ๐ผ๐ณ ๐ต๐ฒ๐ฎ๐๐ฒ๐ป, ๐ฎ๐ป๐ฑ ๐ฝ๐ผ๐๐ฟ ๐๐ผ๐ ๐ผ๐๐ ๐ฎ ๐ฏ๐น๐ฒ๐๐๐ถ๐ป๐ด, ๐๐ต๐ฎ๐ ๐๐ต๐ฒ๐ฟ๐ฒ ๐๐ต๐ฎ๐น๐น ๐ป๐ผ๐ ๐ฏ๐ฒ ๐ฟ๐ผ๐ผ๐บ ๐ฒ๐ป๐ผ๐๐ด๐ต ๐๐ผ ๐ฟ๐ฒ๐ฐ๐ฒ๐ถ๐๐ฒ ๐ถ๐’ (Mal. 3:10).
(c) Gordon B. Hinckley, 2002
#lds #fblifestyle #ldschurch
No comments:
Post a Comment