Saturday, November 20, 2021

Temple Saturday's

 I am behind as usual in posting. But that's ok, it's not like I'm being graded right?!?

Last week I was in the Baptistry, I was pleasantly surprised that was where I was assigned to since I thought that I was going to the second floor. There were many youth that came through. All beautifully dressed in white as they went into the font to do baptisms for their ancestors and others. Such a sweet Spirit is always present. One girl came and did Baptisms that had downs syndrome. The brother temple worker kept asking are you ok to do a couple more and shaking she would say yes. The brother baptizing her was so gentle and would slowly lower into the water each time. My eyes could not stay dry. She brought such a special Spirit with her, that could be felt by all in the room. One other girl dripping wet as she stepped out of the font and as I was handing a towel to her she whispered, your dress is gorgeous! What a sweet compliment. The temple is such a special place.

Today, I had a wonderful shift at the Temple on the second floor. In our prayer meeting the sister shared this story that happened recently at the Bountiful Temple.

A young man age 19 told his Mom he was going to the gym and left in gym clothes. He was gone for quite some time, much longer than a normal visit to the gym. When he arrived home his Mom was concerned and asked where he was for so long. He told her "at the Temple." She gasped, "You went to the Temple wearing that?!?" He told her yes. He said, I have been debating whether or not to go on a mission. I decided, if I go to the Temple dressed like this and someone says something to me about it, I'm going to leave the Church, and if no one says anything, then I am going to go on a mission. In fact, no one said anything, and he does remember one sister smiling at him. So he has decided to go on a mission. 

What a powerful story. This young man did not come inside to do any ordinances, but he felt the spirit on the grounds and possible he came into the waiting area. The sister who spoke today reminded us that the building is not the only thing dedicated, but that also the grounds of the temple are dedicated as well and the same spirit can be felt on the grounds as inside the Temple if we are seeking it. 

I was actually allowed to leave my shift early today and as I was leaving the sky was so beautiful, I had to take a few pictures.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve in the Temple every Saturday. I am usually very physically tired by the end of my shift, but always Spiritually strengthened and uplifted. I wouldn't trade it for the world!






We have been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting on the 28th on gratefulness, so I am sure I will be posting my talk here once it is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment