It's Sunday, February 27, 2022. I have just finished a month of spending my temple shifts on the third floor of the Bountiful Temple. I truly enjoyed my time spent in helping with the endowment sessions where I felt a special Spirit on more than one occasion. I also had the opportunity to help 2 sisters with they own endowments.
Yesterday in prayer meeting the sister shared some thoughts on how we can work on our spheres of perfection.
She drew the below diagram.
She talked about first how our spheres of perfection and each piece of those pies represented love we have for others. As we increase our sphere of perfection through obedience, callings, life experience and learn not to judge others but learned to love as the Savior loved, our capacity for love increases, it is never divided. Then she talked about our path to exaltation and how there are layers to our road if we want it to be sturdy. For example, the doctrine teaches us how to be obedient, but then we must not only be obedient with exactness but must apply covenants and ordinances in our lives and all of that cannot be done without the foundation of our Savior, Jesus Christ and his Atonement.
One quote she shared regarding obedience was from President Ezra Taft Benson:
“When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power.”
What a wonderful quote. I have felt this in my own life. One of the biggest challenges we face is to be in the world but not apart of the world. I have felt so much power since I have started working in the temple that has helped obedience in my life cease to be an irritant.
The other phrase that the sister said that resonated with me was "be obedient with exactness". This really makes one ponder. Where am I not being obedient with exactness? Where am I being lax? Where can I improve?
I love prayer meeting at the beginning of each of my temple shifts. It gets my mind focused on the right things, brings the right spirit so that I can be ready to help the temple patrons, and always gives me things to ponder on.
No comments:
Post a Comment