Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Fun night at the Temple


Fun night at the temple with one of my former Young Women Halle. I had the privilege of going to the Temple the day she went for the first time and we had planned to go back together. 

I picked her up in the convertible and it was warm but the ac was blowing cold, thanks to Henry, and we made our way to the Temple for the 7pm Endowment Session. 

We had a lovely time, she had lots of questions I was able to answer and we sat and chatted for a while after in the Celestial Room.

It was so lovely to be there with her. 

As I was sitting in the session I was remembering back to one Sunday when she was still in young womens and I was talking to her about going to the temple. And while at the time she had gone to do baptisms, she hadn't gone through yet to do her Endowments and I had momentarily forgot about that when I said to her we should go sometime. And now fast forward to being able to sit next to her in a session felt like such a blessing and a dream. 

We went on a Tuesday night which is Hen's normal shift and a shift I sub on frequently so many of the sisters knew me and were saying hello. Hen was working the recommend desk when we left so we were able to see him for a minute on the way out. 

Also in the locker room, one of the sweet sisters came up to me and asked me if Halle was my daughter. I said no, but in my mind, I thought  "I wish!" I would take her as my daughter any day! 

Also kind of funny-I had given Halle a little bag with some of my "temple pocket essentials" white scrunchie, white fan, and mints. I told her the mints were to help her stay awake. So I chuckled a bit as I saw her fish probably 20 mints out of her pocket during the endowment session to help her stay awake! I couldn't blame her though she had worked two different jobs that day and was a trooper for coming to the temple so late.

We had such a fun time. After wards we put the windows down and enjoyed the night breeze as we drove home with a stop off at Thirst for some yummy drinks (minus the coconut syrup) and chocolate chip cookies!

After Thirst as I was trying to drive us home, we came upon a sign that said "Road Closed". We have had a lot of construction in the area lately and so it's hard to always "believe" the signs that are being posted. So after that sign, I continued down the road, assuming that sign didn't "apply to me". How arrogant! Well we got to the road and in fact the Road was Closed!

We laughed and realized what a life lesson that is. Even if we "think" the warning signs don't apply to us, in reality they DO! We joked that she should start her farewell talk with this story. 

After another failed attempt down another road, third times the charm and we were finally able to cross 2600 south.

I am so excited for Halle to get to go on a mission to New Zealand. She is going to be the best missionary! But I will miss her when she leaves in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment