Sunday, June 20, 2021

Fathers Day

 


Yesterday while in prayer meeting at the temple, the sister conducting shared this quote, "Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/1988/12/jesus-christ-gifts-and-expectations?lang=eng

"God loves us. He is watching us. He wants us to succeed. We will know some day that He has not left one thing undone for the eternal welfare of each of us. If we only knew it, heavenly hosts are pulling for us—friends in heaven that we cannot now remember who yearn for our victory. This is our day to show what we can do—what life and sacrifice we can daily, hourly, instantly make for God. If we give our all, we will get His all from the greatest of all.

Give God your best, and His best will come back to you."

On this fathers day, my thoughts turn to our Heavenly Father, who created us. He is ever present and has so much love for us that he gave his only begotten Son so that we could have the opportunity to live with Him for eternity. We speak to Him in prayer, He listens, and answers. Maybe not in the timing that we think is best for us, but He answers in the timing that He knows is best for us. The closing song in sacrament meeting today was "I am a Child of God". I was so grateful for that reminder of whose we are. 

1. I am a child of God,

And he has sent me here,

Has given me an earthly home

With parents kind and dear.


[Chorus]

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,

Help me find the way.

Teach me all that I must do

To live with him someday.


2. I am a child of God,

And so my needs are great;

Help me to understand his words

Before it grows too late.


3. I am a child of God.

Rich blessings are in store;

If I but learn to do his will

I’ll live with him once more.

I also love the new YW Theme that begins: "I am a beloved daughter of Heavenly Parents, with a divine nature and eternal destiny." How powerful a reminder that is!

I love the first chapter of the gospel principles manual titled "Our Father in Heaven". It talks about the nature and image of God and how we can we get to know him.

Link to Gospel Principles-Our Father in Heaven

I also love this video of the complexity and vastness of the universe and life on this Earth. This is such a testament to me of our Creator.

Link to Youtube video of universe


No comments:

Post a Comment