While I was in Deseret Book last week, I came across this beautiful book by President Eyring. Two of my nephews and one of my nieces are now old enough to be able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead when they are ready. My other niece will be getting baptized in a couple months which is the first step to being eligible to go one day.
So last night I had wrapped the 4 books up after signing the inside cover and took them with me to my mom's for dinner. As I drove to my mom's house while listening to my Tabernacle Choir Pandora station, the song "I Will Go and Do" came on by David Archuleta. I felt the Spirit so strong after a long stressful day and tears streamed down my face. I could feel every word that was being sung and each resonated deeply in my heart of the choices I have been making to Go and Do in my own life.
Link to I will Go and Do Music Video
After dinner, I called the 4 together for an Aunt Kara Pow Wow. I told them, you know that Aunt Kara loves to play games, but do you know what she loves even more than playing games? I talked to them about how special the temple is and that they can go when they get their recommends and that they can ask me any questions they might have. They opened their books and immediately they were all drawn in to the beautiful pictures. I started to play song, "I will Go and Do" on my phone as they started to read through their books. I was originally just going to buy one book for each family, but now I am so glad that I bought them each their own. After all, the temple is personal for each person. At one moment my nephew thought that the song I was playing was Christian Rock, and my niece said, "I thought we were Mormons, not Christians." Immediately my nephew asked if I could pause the song so that he could explain to her that Mormons are Christians. It was such a beautiful moment to see this special interaction between the two of them. At night I texted my niece and nephew some of the recommend interview questions, a video about temples, and the music video above to help get them prepared. I was grateful that they let me have some of their time to share with them something so special and something that will be so meaningful in their lives one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment