Saturday, April 23, 2022

Back to my home Temple!

 Today I got to go back to my Bountiful Temple and my regular shift after it being closed for three weeks for cleaning. It felt so good to be back "Home". I am sure that sounds crazy to most people, but I have spent so much time in this building over the past 15 years it feels like home to me. The only blessing in disguise about it being closed for cleaning, is it forced me to go and visit other temples. One day I went to the Brigham City Temple and another week I went to the Jordan River Temple. Both are beautiful Temples and all of the ordinances performed are exactly the same, but Bountiful is still my favorite. 

All morning before my shift I had been preparing for the Baptism talk I would be giving at my nieces baptism on Sunday at 4pm. And I still had to run a few errands to walgreens to pick up smarties, and deseret book to pickup bookmarks and I started to get overwhelmed with everything. Also in the back of my mind was the fact that I would be teaching gospel doctrine in one week because another teacher needed to trade shifts with me. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed I just shutdown and feel paralyzed and don't know where to start. Which is what happened this morning. I tested out my prepared talk on Hen and then just sat there thinking, how am I going to get everything done I need to before the temple? 

As I was sitting at my makeup table getting ready some thoughts crossed my mind about the calendar. And I discovered that I was completely off a week in mind. I wouldn't be teaching gospel doctrine in one week, it was going to be in TWO weeks!!!!! I was so happy I could have jumped for joy! I was ecstatic! I know that sounds like a weird thing to be so happy for but just felt overwhelmed since I taught gospel doctrine last week, was doing a talk this week, which I know was only supposed to be five minutes, but will be more like ten minutes. And then the thought of teaching in a week when I had hardly started thinking about that lesson was just a bit too much.

Even though I didn't think I would have enough time to accomplish everything I needed to before the Temple, of course it all got done and I even made it to prayer meeting ten minutes early.

I sat there listening to the piano music being played by one of our sweet sisters and just felt at peace. I am on the second floor again this week and I started out in a chair by the staircase where everyone walks down after they have left the celestial room. Every person smiles so wide and truly has the light of Christ in their eyes as they descend. I was again reminded how GRATEFUL I am that we are no longer wearing masks and that I can see every smile of every person! Each was so beautiful to me! Somehow my shift went by so fast today. And it was so sweet to see so many of my dear Sister friends whom I hadn't seen in a month. 

As I walked out of the temple the sun was shinning which was a surprise since it had been so rainy and cloudy when I went in. 

I sang hymns as I walked slowly to my car. I have to walk slowly because my shoes no longer have tread and every time I hit a wet spot I go skiing! So I was walking more like "don't step on a crack or you will break your back, and you won't get up until the morning" Lol. Luckily I made it all the way to my car that was parked in the far back without slipping. 

After going home I ate some dinner, watched more of the Chosen, read a few more pages from the book the Infinite Atonement, read a few scriptures from the book of mormon in Helaman, and finished my night with reading a conference talk from our recent conference. So tired I fell asleep around 9pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment