This morning Hen and I went and toured the Life Size Replica of the Tabernacle from the Old Testament used by the Israelites while they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. It was displayed on the lawn of the Bountiful Tabernacle and we were taken on a 45 min tour. Today was the day for our Stake so we got to see alot of people we knew too.
This video was shown at the beginning of the tour
The colors on the doors represent: Red-the Saviors sacrifice of blood, purple-royalty, and blue to represents heaven
I also learned that only the priest could enter into the holy of holies once a year and there was no light in that section, but coals would burn in there and when the smoke gathered above the arc of the covenant then the priest would step back into the holy place out of the holy of holies and receive instruction from the Lord.
They also shared that any unrighteous priest that went into the holy of holies died of a heart attack.
I also learned that the center of the memorah represents the tree of life and Jesus Christ and the other branches represent us.
One thing that really stood out to me was the explanation of the animal sacrifices. This has always been a hard concept for me to fathom. I love animals so much and I think it would be so difficult to kill one of my own. It really brought to the forefront of my mind, that if I really had to sacrifice one of my own animals to repent for my sins, I definitely would never sin again. It makes the sacrifice we make today of a broken heart and a contrite spirit pale in comparison to the animal sacrifices that had to be made back then. We are blessed because of our Savior's atonement and his shedding of his own blood that we no longer have to sacrifice animals in order to repent. But the thought of our repentance equating to sacrificing the life of the animal, and even more the sacrifice of our Savior I learned much more the true weight of both today.
I am so glad we went. Even though there is no way I will remember everything. It definitely strengthened my testimony of the old testament of ancient temples and our modern temples we have today. How blessed we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment