My how time flies, when life is crazy. So many things I should have journaled about in the last couple months, but have spent so much time working that have had a lot of screen fatigue and haven't been able to bring myself to update my blogs.
Today many things touched my heart and spirit between testimony meeting and Sunday school, but one thing that stood out to me was the very last thing our teacher mentioned in class. She said there are 3 types of people. Those who sit, those who stand, and those who go.
I thought that was profound. People who are sitting, don't even bother doing anything, people who are standing may have good intentions in wanting to do good things, but never actually put forth the effort to accomplish anything. And there are those who Go.
I picture the people that are Going, as those who forget themselves and whatever sacrifices may be required to move forth the work of the Lord. Those who don't just think about doing service for others, but actually follow through with it. Those who don't say, maybe one day I will over come that weakness, but make that day today. Today I will overcome that weakness with the Lord's help so that I may be a better instrument in his hands.
It made me truly ponder which kind of person am I ? The truth is I am sure it is not completely black and white and I really fall into all three categories at one time or another in my days. But the question is, which category do I fall into most?
I would like to believe I have made progress towards the group labeled as those who Go. I find myself these days eager and craving to spend time in the temple serving as a worker and spending time doing work for my own ancestors. I find myself wanting to share the gospel of Jesus Christ more through my example, through social media, and through my calling as a Gospel Doctrine teacher.
I believe I have been blessed with more energy to do my very small part in helping our Father in Heaven "Bring to pass the immortality and Eternal life of Man" in more ways that I ever have.
As I look back over my last 38 years of life (can't believe I will be 39 in October) , the growth that I see is truly unfathomable to me. I don't even recognize myself from even as recent as five years ago, let alone ten years ago, and twenty years ago.
I know I have not made this progress on my own. In the small be pivotable choices in my life when I have trusted the Lord and taken on callings I have felt completely inadequate to fulfill, including the ones I am in now, I can truly see the blessings and growth that he has blessed me with along the way.
Hindsight is truly 20/20. "If Only", If Only I knew back then what I know now, I could have made even more progress. But the truth is, the Lord knew I needed the time to grow and that these things couldn't have happened overnight, atleast in my case.
As I ponder on these thoughts now, it makes me think of the root system of trees. If trees were to grow tall over night, the root systems wouldn't have enough time to grow and strengthen beneath the service over the years and years needed to create a strong foundation. That tree would topple at the first sign of wind. That is why trees grow slowly overtime, so that the roots have enough time to create an impenetrable foundation.
I feel like that is how my testimony is now. I feel like that tree with deep roots in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My testimony is my most precious possession, and I am not sure there is anything at this point in my life that can shatter what in my heart, mind, and spirit know to be truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment