I love this picture. I am apart of a Facebook group for Bountiful and there is a gentleman that takes pictures with his drone all the time and this was one he posted recently. So Beautiful!!!
I had a wonderful time at the temple today. Because of the anti depressant and anxiety medication I started taking 6 months ago, my senses are definitely more dulled. In the past any time I felt the Spirit it was really hard not to cry. Nowadays the crying is so much less when this happens. Except for today.
My first assignment was to sit in Chair 5 which is right off of the elevator on the main floor. My job is mainly to direct traffic ie make sure the men go into the mens locker room and women go into the womens locker room, and help people find their way for whatever ordinance they are looking to perform that day.
As I sat there with everyone scurrying about, all with an agenda or "mission" to accomplish, it made me think of Heaven.
I bet this is what Heaven is like. Everyone scurrying around in the work of the Lord, preparing for the second coming.
I love this story about the visit of a deceased father to his son. I look forward to the day that I might also be doing this same work on the other side.
Also while I was sitting in this chair one of the sweet temple matrons walked towards me. She said "your countenance just shines and your smile is beautiful. You literally look like an angel sitting here." After that I couldn't hold the tears back as they slowly creeped out of the corner of my eyes.
Life has felt so heavy lately in this daily battle against Satan and it just felt so wonderful to be noticed and so wonderful to receive such a beautiful compliment.
The rest of the time I spent performing sacred ordinances on this same floor. I find myself smiling more and more through them as I think about the meaning of the words being spoken and the beautiful blessings those in the next life have available to them, if they choose Christ as their Savior.
I am so grateful to get to be apart of this great work! I am so blessed to be able to serve in the Lord's house and help those who are unable to help themselves because they no longer have a body.
I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ that contains the fullness of the gospel, and the priesthood authority to perform sacred saving ordinances.
Most of all I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, for his sacrifices that have allowed me to repent in my life so that I can learn, grow, and move on from my sins and be able to help others.
One other item from this shift. I recently got my hair cut pretty short for me and the sisters keep saying how much they love my haircut.
Then one of the sisters who I always think is absolutely beautiful came up to me and told me. I saw your cute haircut the other week and I went home and told my husband to cut my hair, I want to look just like Kara!
She is so cute! The funny part is her hair is already pretty short, but what a compliment that she wanted to look like me! I so love these sisters! For always making me feel loved and noticed!

No comments:
Post a Comment