Today marks the day that the US Supreme Court overturned Roe vs Wade after 50 years. A law that legalized the murder of innocent babies. I know sounds crazy right, that we actually had a law that allowed for that? The word that became known for this act was "Abortion". By calling it something else people could then justify that it wasn't murder but was "Abortion". This is how powerful Satan is in our society. The US Supreme Court is now leaving it up to the individual states to decide whether or not to allow for it to be legal in their state.
I am proud to live in Utah, a state that had a trigger in place that when this were to happen, immediately the murder of unborn babies aka abortion would be outlawed except for the special case scenarios of incest, rape, mothers life endangerment etc.
Lately I have been feeling like only the wicked have a voice and those of us fighting the good cause are forced to be silent because if we speak our "truth" or our beliefs then we are slaughtered verbally for it.
Below is a Facebook post that I posted late at night. I know I ruffled many feathers of friends of mine that feel strongly that a government shouldn't be able to control her right to choose to kill her baby or not. Just reading that statement still sounds crazy to me. But that is how Satan works. He blinds everyone to what is right and wrong when we let him.
Anyway, I felt like finally the good fight had a win today. And I am sure women will still travel to other states like Colorado to have their abortions, but at least in our state it is not going to be so easy any more.
I was also shocked to have had over 50 likes to this post with multiple comments where people were in agreement. Because anyone who tries to stand up for the right these days usually gets slaughtered verbally, I was shocked so many were willing to like such a controversial post.
I also received a great compliment from my Mom the next day. She called me and told me I was brave for posting that. I don't know that I have ever been called brave in my life by anyone. I am grateful for her compliment, because it really did take courage to stand up for what I believe in with the possible outcomes of who I am offending. I will also say I was surprised to see certain individuals like my post that are not members of the Church or that have not been active for a long time. It gave me faith in humanity again and hope that even though the minority is very LOUD they are still the minority for a reason.
Facebook post:
I have to be honest, I don’t know how much longer I will be on social media. Satan has truly blinded so many minds and hearts.
Feeling so sad to see how pro murder of innocent babies so many are. The exceptions to the rule of incest, rape, etc are all covered under the new laws. I don’t want a debate on this post.
I let others have their opinions on their posts and don't debate them, so I feel I get to be entitled to mine.
Having battled infertility and knowing the tens of thousands of couples who do, there are so many great couples out there wanting and waiting to adopt. I see this as nothing but a positive.
I get it. You don’t agree with me. But I don’t agree with you. I don’t understand how someone who was not aborted themselves believes they have the right to take an innocent child’s life all because they chose to have sex. I don’t get how your five minutes of fun gives you the right to murder a baby. I will never understand that. Again- it is obvious I am not talking about the few exceptions to the rule that make up less than 1% of abortions. (Incest, rape, mothers life/death situation etc)
We can still be friends. I don’t judge you and I hope that you can give me that same respect.
I usually play Switzerland with these controversial issues. But maybe I’m getting older, or just plain tired of only one side ever getting to have a voice!!!
Lately I feel like in this ongoing battle of Good Vs Evil, Satan is growing more powerful by the minute.
I truly can’t wait for our Savior, Jesus Christ to return again. He will come. Whether people are ready or not. He came once, he taught, atoned for our sins, and his life was sacrificed on the cross so that we could repent and return to live with him again. When he returns every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that he is Jesus the Christ. I know our Savior loves women, but he doesn’t value their lives over those new lives that are being sent to this earth. All are precious in his sight and that of our Father in Heaven.

No comments:
Post a Comment